Friday, January 25, 2013

Haiti - Final Day

Saturday - January 5, 2013

We leave Haiti today.  We awoke early for breakfast because the new team wanted to begin demolition that morning.  We all finalized our packing and just hung around playing some games and making sure we hadn't forgotten anything.  Jim, Debbie, and Donna wanted to meet with us one last time before we left since they didn't get to sit in our our God moments from the evening before.  They thanked us for coming and asked us to share with them what we were taking away from the week (I'll try to summarize what I took away from the week in another post).  Donna started crying and got all of us going - thanks Donna.  :)   I think it was bittersweet for all of us.  I really wish it had been a 2 week trip.  We packed up the van and Jim took us to the airport.

The rest of the day was just traveling.  We arrived home at 11pm.  Tired, but happy to see Randy, Erin, and Stephen . . . and, of course, Coconut!  Hims was waiting in the car!!

Thank you to everyone who helped support this trip both financially and prayerfully.  It was a life changing trip, and as mentioned above, I will dedicate another post to what I took away from my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment